The Pasture Improvement Initiative is developing a pasture assessment and decision-making pathway that delivers a tailored ‘toolbox’ of current pasture improvement strategies.
This collaborative approach with industry, R,D&E organisations and farmers will integrate research-based information packages with regional farm case studies relating to successful pasture and fodder crop management, pasture improvement, pasture renovation and seed production.
In this way the Pasture Improvement Initiative will create awareness and enable farmers to realise the full potential of their pastures, livestock and crops within a local context.
The clearing house approach
As the primary national ‘clearing house’, the Pasture Improvement Initiative will deliver key messages, tools and support through:
- Website/Facebook/Twitter/emails, delivering timely information on pasture improvement
- Case studies highlighting successes of local producers, supported by ‘science behind the story’ technical information
- Workshops and training for advisors and supply chain stakeholders on the contents and use of the Pasture Improvement Initiative ‘tool box’
Click on the following links to find out more about:
Check the latest Pasture Improvement Initiative factsheets:
- Know before you sow (PDF 1.1MB)
- Pasture seed — why quality matters (1MB)
- Plant breeders’ rights — what does PBR really mean (680KB)
Pasture and livestock relationships
Pasture health and productivity
- Effective legume inoculation (1.4MB)